Christ in You, The Hope of Glory
Every one has dreams, aspirations and expectations for his or her life. The Word of God sums up all of these desires in a single word - HOPE. Hope is at the beginning of every great exploit carried out for God. Hope is the foundation for a life that is lived with peace, joy and encouragement.
Here are some nuggets from a message I taught about hope:
- Hope defined: noun - confident expectation, the happy antici-pation of good, a belief that something is obtainable. verb - to trust, to have confidence
- For a believer, hope is not expressed by the number of things that we desire, rather hope is centered on and around the Lord Jesus Christ.
- God creates hope in us by His Word. Psalm 119:49 “Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope”
- “The hope of His calling” (Eph 1:18) is the prospect before those who respond to His call in the Gospel.
- “The hope of your calling” Eph 4:4, The full manifestation and realization of that life which is already the believer's possession.
- There is a special statement in the Word of God to describe the essence of every hope. Colossians 1:27 “Christ in you, the hope of glory”. J.B. Phillips translation: “Christ in you, the hope of all glorious things to come”. This reveals that every hope that God has put in our heart will have a glorious manifestation. Nothing in God is mediocre or insignificant.
- The key to realizing the “hope of glory” is to know that Jesus lives on the inside of us and desires to express Himself in fulfillment of every hope.
- If you can believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has put His spirit within you, then you will have the faith to receive the hope that is set before you.