Kingdom Best Practices
Definition of 'Best Practices: A set of guidelines, ethics or ideas that represent the most efficient or prudent course of action. Best practices are often set forth by an authority, such as a governing body or management, depending on the circumstances. While best practices generally dictate the recommended course of action, some situations require that such practices be followed.
All the important professions and careers in our society our guided by best practices. As believers in Christ, how much more should best practices guide our actions?
Kingdom best practices:
- Following: Proverbs 16:20, Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.
- Praying: Philippians 4:6, Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Caring: 1 Corinthians 12:24 But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
- Serving: Galatians 5:13 For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
- Giving: Prov. 3:9 Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase
- Honoring: Romans 12:9, Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord
- Preaching: Luke 9:6, So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.
- Humility: Philippians 2:2 Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.